The coronavirus outbreak may be bringing stress to many people. Fear of the unknown and the potential health issues that such a pandemic can cause has the power of causing strong emotions among adults and children. By coping with such stresses, not only are you making yourself and those around you stronger, but you are also gaining some peace of mind during these trying times. Read along as we dive into ways to cope with stress during the quarantine.
Stress Can Include…
The stress that an infectious disease outbreak may have on people varies. Such stress can include:
- Trouble sleeping or concentrating. For some, this may mean a shift in their sleeping schedules or lack of sleep, which can affect their state of mind throughout the day. As well as difficulty concentrating, while at work or home.
- Fear and worry about your health and the health of your loved ones.
- Worsening of mental health conditions.
- An increase in use of alcohol, tobacco, or other substances.
Ways to Cope With Stress
- Express your emotions. We are all in this together and more often than not other friends and family can be feeling similar emotions and stresses during this crisis. Try talking to someone that you trust and feel comfortable around.
- Decrease the time spent watching news and social media updates that you may perceive as upsetting. Constantly hearing about a pandemic can raise your stress levels, take a break from it.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you are staying home, take the time to focus on your health by eating mindfully, exercising regularly, and taking time to unwind and relax.
- Stay connected with your loved ones. With social distancing orders in place, visiting friends or loved ones is not recommended, but you can still stay connected by calling or video chatting!
If your or someone you know is having a difficult time coping with stress, the expert team at Mind Enhancement Center is here to help. We utilize top hypnosis strategies to bring about positive life changes on mental, physical, and emotional levels. Our hypnotists can help improve your wellbeing and help make lasting changes that will forever benefit you. Learn more about us and our services here.